[Building Sakai] Elluminate (Collaborate) - Unique Constraint Error

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Wed May 16 08:36:00 PDT 2012

Hi
We're getting a bizarre error using the Elluminate (now Blackboard
Collaborate) synchronous integration. The problem is, all works fine on app
server Sakai2 but I get "ORA-00001: unique constraint" when I do the same
thing on Sakai1. This error tells me that it's trying to insert a record
with a duplicate primary key. The code is identical on both servers.

Using Sakai2 (the one that works) I can create records and I see the ID
column in ELL_SESSION_DATA table increment by 1 appropriately. Updates work
fine. It just seems to be inserts from Sakai1 only that cause the conflict.

It gets stranger. On a whim I decided to redeploy the tool and bounce
tomcat. Afterward everything was fine on both servers for a time, but later
the problem resurfaced but it switched servers. The problem is only
happening on the other one now. Grrrr!

We're new to using multiple app servers. Other tools are fine. Am I missing
something? Could there be a sequence missing? Have you ever heard of a
sequencing conflict like this occurring with multiple app servers connected
to the same database?

Thanks!

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator