[Building Sakai] ENTITY_ Tables

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:31:02 PDT 2012

I can reproduce this on MySQL 5.1.59:

INFO: [GenericDao] Could not execute first DDL line, skipping the rest: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE ENTITY_PROPERTIES ( id            bigint(20) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, entityRef       varchar(255) NOT NULL, entityPrefix    varchar(255) NOT NULL, propertyName    varchar(255) NOT NULL, propertyValue   text NOT NULL, INDEX (entityRef, entityPrefix, propertyName) )]; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
INFO: [GenericDao] Could not execute first DDL line, skipping the rest: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE ENTITY_TAG_APPLICATIONS ( id            bigint(20) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, entityRef       varchar(255) NOT NULL, entityPrefix    varchar(255) NOT NULL, tag             varchar(255) NOT NULL, INDEX (entityRef, entityPrefix, tag) )]; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

[imac:~]$ mysql -v
Your MySQL connection id is 658
Server version: 5.1.59 MySQL Community Server (GPL)