[Building Sakai] [Search] What is the digest_count field?

Colin Hebert colin.hebert at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 10 02:39:10 PDT 2012

I'm currently working on a Solr implementation of search and I'm
looking at the fields stored with the current implementation.

There is a SearchService.FIELD_DIGEST_COUNT field, but I'm not quite
sure what it is used for or what's supposed to be in it.

It doesn't seem to be an extremely important field, I don't store it
at the moment and search doesn't seem to complain about it; if someone
could shed some lights on this digest_count that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Colin