[Building Sakai] Possible regression in string handling in properties files

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:50:08 PDT 2012

Hi Gayan,
No that won't work. you have:

Set username at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=${sakai}
Set password at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=${ironchef}

Should be:

username at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=sa
password at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=

That is for HSQL. If you want to use MySQL (recommended) then you'll need to uncomment the mysql part, comment out the hsql part, and set up the appropriate database.

But just to get up and running in the first instance, remove all sakai.properties files from tomcat, and you should be able to start up using the built in defaults.

cheers,
Steve