[Building Sakai] Integration with Facebook?

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Thu May 3 04:36:27 PDT 2012

I believe what they were looking for was the register/login sort of thing.

Chris

From: Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com<mailto:matthew at longsight.com>>
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:51 PM
To: "Mark J. Norton" <markjnorton at earthlink.net<mailto:markjnorton at earthlink.net>>
Cc: "sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>" <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] Integration with Facebook?

I suppose there is also the other way of bringing facebook widgets into Sakai.
They have the obvious ones like the "Like" button and probably more useful ones like the live stream, and maybe going as far as integrating Sakai with their registration system.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

I don't think any of these would be entirely out of the question, but it would just require that the university be committed to having 100% of its faculty and students having accounts on Facebook.

It seems more likely with Google because of the "Google Apps for education" which basically already puts many schools in the Google domain. Otherwise you'd be leaving some people out. I'd bet the Google plus plugins to be pretty similar now.