[Building Sakai] Samigo problem with valid submissions getting 0 scores

Tom Pennings tom.pennings at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:03:27 PDT 2012

We've been experiencing an issue with Samigo 2.6.2 where, even though
all of the students answered all of the questions (some correct, some
incorrect) and successfully submitted (with confirmation) the
assessment, some of their final scores were recorded as 0.

The problem occurred intermittently (10 - 25% of the cases) on two
different assessments:

  1. 7 parts, each on its own page, a total of 33 questions, all multiple-choice
  2. 14 parts, all on one page, a total of 50 questions, all multiple-choice

So far we've been unable to find the root cause, or a way to
reproduce. What we did find though is that with 'Each Question is on a
separate Web page' only individual questions would get submitted as 0,
whereas in case of 'The complete Assessment is displayed on one Web
page' the whole assessment would evaluate as 0, which seems to suggest
an issue during processing of a post though no problems were found in
the logs. We've also tested and ruled out session time outs as the
reason for the problem.

Any suggestions and advice on how to further debug the problem or
proposed solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Tom