[Building Sakai] trunk build status?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 19 10:45:06 PDT 2012

Yea I fixed the builds server *right* before the noon build and it deployed
updated artifacts.

This particular issue is something related to the artifact deployment and
is either something incorrect with Jenkins, nexus/sonatype or the maven
deployment plugin. I'm not sure what yet.

Matthew Buckett filed an issue against sonatype here:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-3161 and we've been discussing it
on the release list.
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/cle-release-team/2012-March/000366.html

Apparently there's some elements in the maven metadata that are generated
in maven3 that maven2 can't recognize for some reason.

I *think* it was all related back to this issue in Jenkins where it
assigned unique versions to the artifacts.

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-2593

This was checked by default on all of the jobs and certain combinations of
maven and Jenkins caused some problem. We've upgraded both maven and
Jenkins on the build server in the last week but haven't cleaned out the
repository or done full snapshot builds. I also believe I've looked at
every job to confirm this unique version option isn't checked but I can't
say with 100% certainty that it isn't. I'd like to write a script to check
it but getting the 2.9.0-b03 finished is my top priority at the moment now
that at least nightly is running.

-Matthew