[Building Sakai] Access database

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:23:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

This page should give you some info:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Persistence

Since the table is in the Sakai database you can use the datasource that is already setup by the kernel (list under JDBC in Sakai on that page), inject that into your app, then use normal JDBC on it, or some sort of abstraction layer like Spring JDBC.

If it was an external database you could use whatever you want to create the datasource and then use it.

Sakai tools are, in essence, just normal webapps.

cheers,
Steve