[Building Sakai] Quartz job scheduler & multiple app servers

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Fri Mar 9 13:22:54 PST 2012

 Hi
We're about to put a second application server into production. We're
previously been running with just one. I was wondering how to handle the
Quartz Job Scheduler. Will there be conditions where the two app servers
try to run the same scheduled job at the same time, or is it able to lock
after one gets there first?

I didn't see a property to disable the job scheduler. Other than just not
deploying the tool on one server instance, I'm not sure how to otherwise
control it. What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator