[Building Sakai] Sakai with iBatis

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Mar 6 09:37:20 PST 2012

Hello, Shahid.

I think MyBatis is interesting and there may be others who might like to use it. But what I would suggest as the first step is to build real, working code, and document your patterns you use in Confluence. There is limited experience in the community with it, so good examples are the most helpful.

If it turns out that there are other projects interested, there may or may not be a way to extract and share some infrastructure effectively. I would not put that infrastructure on your project's critical path, since building abstractions first adds much complexity and they often need to be tuned as you build -- better to wait given that we're not sure of the demand and the overhead of multiple MyBatis SqlSessionFactories and configuration will be small compared to the work of building shared components.

In other words, start with a success in your project, and others may follow.

Thanks,
-Noah