[Building Sakai] Sakai & KME Integration

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Tue Mar 6 06:58:51 PST 2012

Hi All

I am working on Sakai & KME Integration. Created a new KME tool, and would
like to display some content from Sakai in my KME tool.

I am using the Mobile URL from Sakai (http://<serverIP>/portal/pda) for my
display. Currently I can manage the login Web service
in Sakai from KME using SakaiLogin.jws, which will return a sessionID. This
I then use to construct my iframe source URL:

     iframeURL = "http://<serverIP>/portal/pda/~"
                + username
                + "/tool/<toolID>/calendar;jsessionid="
                + sakaiSessionId;

Problem with this is that I cant get my iframe in KME to display the
Calender content from Sakai for this user even though I send the sessionId
with.
If I do however open up another tab in my browser, browse to the Sakai PDA
portal and log in, the iframe in KME displays correctly.

I had a look online and found that there might be a Web service in Sakai
that I might be able to use:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Configuration+Topics
I have noticed that the Web Service SakaiPortalLogin.jws has been
deprecated or moved
(https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18136). Where can I find this Web
Service in Sakai 2.9.0?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Jaco

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman***

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za