[Building Sakai] Entity broker interface to Forums

Marc Savitsky marc.savitsky at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 08:47:07 PST 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to write an entity broker interface to the sakai forums.
There are already some custom methods to get messages etc, but I need to
implement the standard createEntity, updateEntity and deleteEntity
methods for both messages and topics.

The trouble is that the api calls saveMessage(message) and
saveTopic(topic) both make calls to currentTool and currentContext.  It
makes these calls so that logging can work, which is important to
provide an audit trace.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can
get a tool and a context so this functionality when making direct calls
from another application?

I have opened a jira for this :
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-664?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=151222#comment-151222

many thanks