[Building Sakai] Why do we still have the "mercury" site in Sakai's trunk

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Jun 27 19:47:41 PDT 2012

Though I'm sure it's really still there because it's not hurting anybody,
and the work it would take to really clean it up is more than just letting
it sit there.

This is similar to why we still have and actively use covers (these may
never get removed, so convenient and everywhere) and there's deprecated
warnings in the kernel like:

   * @deprecated the use of time is discouraged in favour of
<link>java.util.Date</link>. This interface will
 be removed in 2.0

(Would basically need to rewrite much of the calendar/schedule tool to get
rid of this crazy TimeRange/TimeService usage. Those time functions really
should have went away though)

-Matthew