[Building Sakai] tomcat startup hanging w/ sakai trunk

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Jun 25 15:03:05 PDT 2012

Correct, this was the agreed upon plan for developers that using trunk
would get all of source. All core tools and indies anyway.

The default 2.9.x branch would still be to pull indie packages from the
repository unless you get 2.9.x-all, but active development shouldn't be
happening in 2.9.x so less need for all source (mostly just merging).

Steve did some work on trunk to update the relativePath's of all the indies
and I'm going to get the snapshots back into the repository. These should
resolve all build problems and probably would have made this change less
necessary, but most developers wanted all of the source anyway so seems
like a good idea.

Summary = In https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/
- Existing "2.8.x and 2.9.x" branches are indies that have core deploy
which pulls binary assemblies from repositories
- To get (almost) all relevant code for 2.8.x and 2.9.x use the 2.8.x-all
and 2.9.x-all branches (some libraries are still necessary to do a full
build)

- When working on trunk (2.10-SNAPSHOT) just use sakai/trunk. It doesn't
use any assemblies
- The trunk indie (and old trunk) currently isn't working because
binary assemblies aren't in any repository, branches/sakai-trunk/indie
should work once these get added back in there again if anyone does feel
like using that.