[Building Sakai] Search help

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 14:14:52 PDT 2012

I'm all for a simplification of the searchable API.It would be nice to just
have an interface called SearchIndexable that gets picked up during the
enitityprovider registration. No more explicit registration of content
producers.

We should still probably leave the old interface there in some form though;
there are surely contrib tools that use it. COG and YAFT do although I
could change those. What I don't particularly want, though, is to have to
branch versions just to target different search interfaces when we could
offer a facade of some sort. I may well be getting the wrong end of the
stick here, if so, tell me, I can take it.

Cheers,
Adrian.