[Building Sakai] Maximum number of Sakai nodes

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 18 11:56:11 PDT 2012

On 06/15/2012 04:27 PM, David Adams wrote:
> So, no answers from me, but hopefully those thoughts can trigger some more discussion or further ideas. And of course I'm interested in hearing more about the exact details of your outages.

Hey Jeremy (& David),

I'd also be curious to hear what the symptoms of your outages were.
Whatever you do, I'd recommend realistic load testing at or above the
level of users you have in production. I realize that's easier than it
sounds, but even if you could reproduce a handful of the issues you saw,
the community might be able to help find some solutions.

Also, collecting as much data as possible about JVM memory utilization,
garbage collection, tcp connections, caches, etc, might be something you
could do in your current environment that would give everyone some
information to analyze.

Cheers,
--
Martin B. Smith