[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.8 BlogWow and Tomcat 7

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Mon Jul 30 11:38:19 PDT 2012

I was upgrading the Tomcat 5.5 server to Tomcat 7 and when I added
BlogWow to the build I would get the following error.

bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.impl.entityprovider.EntityProviderAutoRegistrar'
defined in
file
[/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/entitybroker-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.entity.BlogRssEntityProviderImpl#0'
defined in file
[/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Cannot
resolve
reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.BlogLogic' while
setting bean property
'blogLogic'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.BlogLogic'
defined in file
[/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Cannot
resolve
reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogic' while
setting bean property
'externalLogic'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogic' defined in file
[/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Instantiation
of
bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class
[org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogicImpl]: Constructor threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to
instantiate field adapter:
class org.azeckoski.reflectutils.beanutils.DynaBeanAdapter

After doing some searching I came across this thread.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.sakai.devel/46896

In this Stuart Freedman upgraded the reflectutils jar from 0.9.10 to
0.9.14 and the issue went away.

Did not know if anyone else has seen this.

Mike
Mike Jennings
Teaching and Learning Developer

Office: (919) 843-5013