[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.8.4 :: Tomcat 5.5.35 :: Hibernate Cache Error.

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:44:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

The error is here:

2012-07-23 12:01:01,891 ERROR main org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory - Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named org.theospi.portfolio.security.model.SakaiDefaultPermsManager.sakaiTools. Destroying all Spring beans.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.theospi.portfolio.security.model.SakaiDefaultPermsManager.sakaiTools' defined in file [C:\opt\apache-tomcat-5.5.35\components\osp-common-component\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.theospi.portfolio.security.DefaultRealmManager.badmin' while setting bean property 'realmManagers' with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.theospi.portfolio.security.DefaultRealmManager.badmin' defined in file [C:\opt\apache-tomcat-5.5.35\components\osp-common-component\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [boolean] for property 'recreate'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid boolean value [${realm.reset}]
Is your Sakai source up to date? If so I will try to recreate the issue. Also, ensure your Tomcat is clean from previous installations and try deploying Sakai again.

cheers,
Steve