[Building Sakai] Reminder about the CLE performance testing framework

Juan Jose Meroño Sanchez jjmerono at um.es
Wed Jul 18 03:18:51 PDT 2012

Hi Adrian,

     This is a tricky problem !!
     The test you are talking about performs a site browse with a thread
group while some users are chatting in another thread group.
     Is this the best way to test the chat? I 'm not sure, but when I
wrote it I was thinking in detect performance decrease because of chat
usage.
     Can you get conclusions on how jgroup works in a cluster setting? I
don't thing so.

     What would I do?

         Create an specific test for chat (just login chat and logout),
trying to keep constant the messages/second value.
         Run the test on a single node, and collect JVisualVM info.
         Run the same test on a 2 node cluster, and collect JVisualVM
info from the same node.

     With this information you can get conclusions on requeriments to
exchange X messages/second between 2 nodes versus requeriments on no
cluster running.
I think JVisualVM info is important because jgroups do a lot of work on
server side specially in cluster environments.

If you want I can help you !!  I can create the test and add to the
framework, then you can run on your servers (with your users) and
collect the information.

Bye !!