[Building Sakai] Reminder about the CLE performance testing framework

Alan Berg bergsmooth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:41:41 PDT 2012

Hi fellow hard workers,

I noticed comments on performance testing. There is actually a community
framework available using SoapUI, Jmeter and Maven. This is excellent for
automation and standardization of data models. It is for CLE and hybrid
mode. Juan Jose Meroño Sanchez  wrote this. It is an evolution of the work
from the now defunct Performance WG and then some provisioning work I did.
As a third generation attempt Juan’s efforts are much more polished, using
the best of breed open source tools.

It would be excellent if we improve this work rather than build
organizational bunkers with commercial software. We could share models.

See:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/CLE+Load+Test+Framework<https://webmail.uva.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=e174c8a7450c42cda6261fcc5cc14f76&URL=https%3a%2f%2fconfluence.sakaiproject.org%2fdisplay%2fQA%2fCLE%2bLoad%2bTest%2bFramework>

For a cheaper example, I have written a microbenchmark for sakai OAE. (Work
in Progress).
https://github.com/AlanBerg/SakaiOAE-Open/tree/master/TESTS/jmeter_microbenchmark

Juans work is more comprehensive and good place to rebuild a WG on
Performance.

If you see Juan Jose Menono at a conference pat him on the back and buy him
a drink. I am sure after working quietly on this project he deserves at
least that.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Berg