[Building Sakai] Suggestion for improvement of i18n and L10n handling in JIRA

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Jan 31 08:01:37 PST 2012

Hi

Currently, SAK issues can have internationalization in the list of
components.

AFAICT, the only real internationalization component has been in kernel
since the creation of kernel with Sakai 2.6.0.

Currently the JIRA internationalization component is used both for L10n
and i18n issues.

I suggest we stop using this component and add 2 new check-boxes (like
the Maintenance Team Issue one):
Internationalization Issue
Localization Issue

It seems to me this way will be easier to check which languages have
been updated or to look for internationalization issues.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

J-F