[Building Sakai] Resources Access via Database

Jeff Davidson jdavidso at usouthal.edu
Wed Jan 25 09:56:48 PST 2012

A follow up question is when someone "dupes"
(copies) content from one site to another, does
Sakai (we have a hosted site) truly copy the
content or just put in pointers to an "absolute"
storage location, i.e., are there two copies of the
content as a result of "duping" or just one with
multiple sets of pointers?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Davidson
Manager, Learning Management System Services
Innovation in Learning Center
University of South Alabama
(251) 380-2845
(251) 380-2713 (fax)

>>> Jez Cope <j.cope at bath.ac.uk> 1/25/2012 9:19 AM >>>
Future-proofing would be good!

Not very important, but I think Jackrabbit and kin are JSR 170 (yes,
there are far too many JSRs to remember!) – IIRC 168 is portlets.

What other functionality might be useful for this type of integration?

Jez

Adam Marshall wrote:
> Cambridge did some work a while ago integrating Sakai 2.5 (?) with a
JSR 168 repo (Jackrabbit) and I think they also integrated with DSpace
around the same time.  I would have thought their work would be useful
to build upon.

> Would it make sense to look at what the OAE crew are doing about
underlying repos so that any work is future-proofed?

> Adam

Fedora
>> content within Resources by Cambridge and later Hull (in the UK).
See
>> blog post linked below for some info and links. Hull's Chris Awre
may be
>> the most up-to-date on this (he presented the work at EuroSakai
2011).

>> All the best,
>> Jez
>>
>> Refs:
>> DSpace - http://www.dspace.org/
>> Fedora - http://fedora-commons.org/
>> SWORD - http://swordapp.org/
>> Iridium project blog post -
>> http://iridiummrd.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/research-data-management-

>> at-euro-sakai-2011/
>>
>> Jeff Davidson wrote:
>>> In follow up to this need, we were wondering
>>> if it's possible to build a repository of files within
>>> a project site under Resources and then access it
>>> from multiple course sites and/or project sites
>>> within Sakai
>>>
>> --
>> Jez Cope<http://people.bath.ac.uk/jc619>, ICT Project Manager
>> Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies
>> <http://www.bath.ac.uk/csct>
>> University of Bath
>> Tel: +44(0)1225 385827
>> Skype: jezcope

Jez Cope <http://people.bath.ac.uk/jc619>, ICT Project Manager
Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies
<http://www.bath.ac.uk/csct>
University of Bath
Tel: +44(0)1225 385827
Skype: jezcope