[Building Sakai] Resources Access via Database

Jez Cope j.cope at bath.ac.uk
Wed Jan 25 06:30:02 PST 2012

We have plans to develop a basic interface between Sakai and a digital
repository (such as DSpace/Fedora) via the SWORD2 protocol which,
depending on how it's implemented, may allow exactly this type of shared
resource usage. I'll add this as a possible use case — happy to discuss
further on- or off-list.

There's already been some work done to allow static "mounting" of Fedora
content within Resources by Cambridge and later Hull (in the UK). See
blog post linked below for some info and links. Hull's Chris Awre may be
the most up-to-date on this (he presented the work at EuroSakai 2011).

All the best,
Jez

Refs:
DSpace - http://www.dspace.org/
Fedora - http://fedora-commons.org/
SWORD - http://swordapp.org/
Iridium project blog post -
http://iridiummrd.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/research-data-management-at-euro-sakai-2011/

--
Jez Cope <http://people.bath.ac.uk/jc619>, ICT Project Manager
Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies