[Building Sakai] melete on 2.8 - no wysiwig

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Tue Jan 17 13:08:18 PST 2012

Hi, David.

When we were planning for our Sakai 2.8 implementation over the summer (and jumping to CKEditor early), we ran into this situation.  Our hosting partner, Longsight, was able to put in the fix.  I provide the information that I received below... and hope you can decipher it.  I am not a programmer, so I can't provide more assistance.  But I'm sure others on the list can jump in, if necessary.

Here is what the Etudes rep sent about text editors in Sakai for Melete:
"Melete uses <sakai:inputRichText> tag to integrate with old FCK Editor.  If Sakai has updated this tag to integrate with CKEditor then Melete is in place.  For this sakai tag, Joshua Ryan helped us in creating a connector to open editor's image and file picker in meleteDocs collection. This work is in textarea project under sakai."

*****

Here is what our Longsight rep reported after they made changes that fixed the issue:
" I just overrode the Melete default of the commercial Sferyx editor in the sakai.properties. I am now seeing the CKEditor in dev."

*****

I hope something here at least points you in the right direction!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology