[Building Sakai] Is there any video player that can be integrated with sakai.

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 12 13:08:03 PST 2012

Right, this is what something like Kaltura and bigger providers like
Youtube do. If the video format isn't in something that it can play it will
transcode it, typically to h.264 or flash. This would be something you'd
have to provide on the server.

Most suggestions are relating to using some external service to transcode,
or are a wrapper around ffmpeg like perhaps (
http://fmj-sf.net/ffmpeg-java/getting_started.php)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/502753/programmatically-convert-a-video-to-flv

This solution would require some additional setup and documentation on the
processing machine, as it's not native in java. You could also have some
batch job that scans a directory and converts videos as well if this was a
requirement. There's too many possibilities and closed video formats to
expect to find a (free) web client to play every video.

-Matthew