[Building Sakai] resources entity Broker development

Matthew Hall webmaster at haweb.org
Wed Jan 11 09:14:04 PST 2012

Hi Adam,

At UVA, we have a Resources entity provider that produces a hierarchical nested representation of the Resources content for a single site. Specifically, its output resembles the following XML. The primary limitation of our provider is that it is read-only; there is currently no way of uploading or manipulating content using our provider, although that functionality is in active development.

Our provider was loosely based on some of the logic in IU's provider (Sakai JIRA SAK-20698) but is otherwise a separate project. I am not familiar with the work in SAK-21211 nor with Citations. We would be glad to talk about sharing our provider code if it looks like it would be of use.

Matthew

University of Virginia

<resource_collection>

                <resource>