[Building Sakai] SAK-18855, POLL-146 and Sakai 2.8

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:01:41 PST 2012

Hello,

We recently upgraded to Sakai 2.8.1+ on Oracle. Since then I have
been seeing a few of these errors:

Null value was assigned to a property of primitive type setter of org.sakaiproject.poll.model.Poll.isPublic
     at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:935)

According to the Oracle conversion scripts and POLL-146, the
POLL_POLL.POLL_IS_PUBLIC column is allowed to have a null value.
This was changed in:

http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=89744
http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=89746

However, this is not the case with the MySQL conversion script
which says:

-- SAK-18855
alter table POLL_POLL add column POLL_IS_PUBLIC bit(1) not null default 0;

So which one is it? And does anyone know anything about these
errrors?

Seth