[Building Sakai] Google Summer of Code 2012

Carl Hall carl at hallwaytech.com
Mon Feb 27 09:03:14 PST 2012

Google has recently announced[1] the Summer of Code program for 2012[2]. We
have participated in this over the last few years and we'll be applying to
participate again this year. While students can propose projects
themselves, it is helpful for members of our community to propose projects.
I would like to ask that everyone give some thought to what kind of
projects we would like to see students work on this year.

For reference of previous ideas suggested and completed, please take a look
at our GSoC blog[3] and Confluence page[4]. Our project has grown to
encompass much new functionality since last year and provides lots of
opportunities for students to get involved. There are no restrictions on
projects except that they be completeable in the given time frame (~3
months).

Even if you don't have project ideas, we also need mentors and community
support to help the students be successful. I look forward to the
discussion of ideas!

1 http://code.google.com/soc/
2 http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012
3 http://sakaigsoc2010.blogspot.com/