[Building Sakai] Suggestion for improvement of i18n and L10n handling in JIRA

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri Feb 17 07:08:20 PST 2012

I guess the real question is what is the problem we're trying to solve? Jean-Francois mentioned that the auto-assign of I18N issues sometimes requires me to re-assign the owner -- this really isn't a huge inconvenience and sometimes allows me to vet issues and update components if incorrect. Jean-Francois also proposes adding two new checkboxes that differentiate between L10N and I18N -- I guess I worry that people may not find or understand these checkboxes.

The "Maintenance Team" checkbox has fallen into dis-use, with the "assigned to" field more consistently reflecting a "Maintenance Team" issue (now called CLE team, since all CLE developer's are now considered de-facto members of the CLE/Maintenance Team). If a field isn't required, I suspect many will not fill it in. I wouldn't want to see us losing the ability to identify I18N/L10N issues.

- Beth