[Building Sakai] How to set tool wise permission?

Shahid Pathan spathan at platys.in
Wed Feb 15 11:18:18 PST 2012

Hi All,

I have created 3 different module (employee, adaptive test, summetive test)
and deployed in sakai.

After that I have created one course site (let say Math-2012) and added
above tool for this.
Now I want to assign permission for this 3 different user. For that I am
trying to create 3 different role as follows

1>empuser :- who can access only employee tool not other in Math-2012 site
2>adpuser :- who can access only adaptive tool not other in Math-2012 site
3>sumuser :- who can access only summetive tool not other in Math-2012 site.

but I found that while creating role we have to select Function form the
list of Function (for example     alias.add, alias.del)
and I am unable to find such function for my newly created modules (there
are some other function let say employee.read.hidden and
employee.write.any) but its not working as expected.

Can any point me what am i missing?
Do we have other approach to set permission on each tools?

One strange thing i noticed, for existing tool we have link "Permission"
present in each tools home page thorough with administrator can set
different permission for each role
that link is not visible for my newly created tool. If I want to add such
link in my tools home page what need to done in JSF page.

Thanks
Shahid Pathan