[Building Sakai] Tool usage analysis

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Wed Feb 15 04:31:37 PST 2012

On 02/14/2012 06:01 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> The Site Stats tool provides this information. You can see how many times a tool has been included in sites. You could also glean some info from the various events that are fired.
>
> cheers,
> Steve

Hey Steve,

The folks over here are asking questions like, "Overall in the system,
how much do folks use one tool over another this semester?" As far as I
can tell, I can't really answer that with site stats. Web server logs
provide a wealth of information in this area, and don't depend on each
tool's over- (or under-) abundance to emit events.

If there's a more clever way this is being done in the community, aside
from webserver logs, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks all,
--
Martin B. Smith
smithmb at ufl.edu - (352) 273-1374