[Building Sakai] Commit messages - a humble little plea

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:51:19 PST 2012

I agree with this, trunk commits should include info about what the commit is doing. However there is one exception, branch merging.

These have historically been of the form:

SAK-123 merge trunk r12345

If it merges cleanly, otherwise it would be:

SAK-123 manually merge trunk r12345 (and any other notes required).

You can then reference the original trunk commit and jira.

cheers,
Steve