[Building Sakai] OAuth in sakai 2.8, 2.9 etc...

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Feb 13 11:15:07 PST 2012

OAuth already exists and is used in Sakai both at some schools for mobile
and others as part of BasicLTI,  that's not a problem at all.

The question is more what are the use cases for a learning management
system with external integrations? Which ones are worthwhile, and who is
going to do them. ;) As the new facebook timeline shows, there's a whole
TON of apps out available for possible integration out there now. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/about/timeline/apps

Essentially the sky is the limit when you're talking about that. All of
those services you mentioned and more have full apis and could be
integrated into Sakai to display any data from that service you'd want.
Some of them (like Facebook/Google+/Twitter) let you write apps right in
the system that can consume data straight from your LMS.

It's all a pretty significant effort writing and supporting future changes
to these apis though but it could be useful if it's something that's really
desired by your users.