[Building Sakai] Problem enabling CAS in OAE

Michael Dunlap michael.dunlap at yale.edu
Mon Feb 13 11:05:03 PST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to enable CAS in OAE.  I have built the casauth module,
installed it and configured it to use our local CAS server.  I've also
edited dev/configuration/config_custom.js.  (Basically I've followed the
steps here:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/3AK/Configuring+CAS+Proxy+Tickets+for+OAE+hybrid
)

It seems like CAS half works.  I get directed to our CAS server, and
then after authenticating I get sent back.  However, I get a
"Authentication Failed" message.  The logs say this:

13.02.2012 13:48:23.853 *ERROR* [959475624 at qtp-996989880-58]
org.sakaiproject.nakamura.auth.cas.CasAuthenticationHandler Error
response from server code=INVALID_SERVICE message=
                ticket 'ST-5022423-jCsmbfzOnorzWgNeXTeb-cas' does not
match supplied service.  The original service was
'http://sakai-hybrid.its.yale.edu/system/sling/cas/login?sakaiauth:login=2&resource=%2Fme&url=%2Fme&'
and the supplied service was
'http://sakai-hybrid.its.yale.edu/system/sling/cas/login?sakaiauth:login=2&resource=%252Fme&url=%252Fme&'.

What I'm seeing here is the service is getting mangled.  I'm not sure
why I'm switching from https to http, and I'm not sure why it's
rewriting my URL twice (once to convert resource=/me to resource=%2Fme
and then again to resource=%252Fme.)

Anyone  have any advice?

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Dunlap                  UNIX Systems Administrator
michael.dunlap at yale.edu         Production Systems, ITS