[Building Sakai] New Stuff

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Sun Feb 12 10:55:25 PST 2012

Ah, who will forget the unchecked intensity of the GIthens at work?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_marquard/sets/72157624211998379/show/

Cheers
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Acting Director
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Steven Githens <swgithen at mtu.edu> 2/10/2012 5:18 PM >>>
Hello Sakai Dev,

The time has come for me to write one of these emails.  Next week will

be the last week in my current role.  On February 20th I'll be starting

a new chapter of my life in the Biostatistics department in the IU
School of Medicine.  I'll be working closely with a doctor whose
primary
research interest is in reducing mother to child transmission of HIV
and
other diseases. As part of this I'll be working on OpenMRS, an open
source medical record project, across a number of institutions and
countries.  I'll probably spend a month a year or so in Kenya working
with our colleagues there.

I'd like to thank everyone in the Sakai community I've worked with for

the past 6 years, which have been some of the best of my life.  While
I've always been an open source advocate, Sakai was the first project I

really latched on to, and dived in to with everything I had.  I've
learned an incredible amount about coding, testing, refactoring,
tooling, and the entire software development ecosystem.  Even more so
though, I'm happy to have developed such a number of great friendships

in the community, and been surrounded by such great camaraderie.   We
should never forgot how awesome our community is.

With that said, it's likely I may pop up again in the future, but
starting sometime midweek next week I'll probably be going off the
Sakai
grid for a while, so that I can really dive into this new source code
base with a fresh mind.

I do hope to continue to catch up with folks during my travels, and if

you're ever in Indianapolis be sure to ping me!

Cheers to the Max!

~steve

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
sakai-dev-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
"unsubscribe"

###

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###