[Building Sakai] BasicLTI Virtual Tool setup

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Feb 10 11:45:49 PST 2012

The tool registration for $[sakai.home}/portlets didn't happen until 2.6.
The patch was here:

There is also an example of multiple tools on this SAK.

I know the Michigan config worked with multiple tools in one file, but they
are also running 2.7. I think we merged this patch into our 2.5 instance
from that revision https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/portal/trunk/@47206.

Does it come up select able for an admin if you go to Sites (Pick a
site)->Pages (Add a page give it a name)->Tools (Add Tool)

It's possible in 2.5 without this patch that you might need to put each
tool registration in a separate XML file? I don't remember, it's been
nearly 4 years since I ran a 2.5 instance. ;)