[Building Sakai] creation of sites from templates

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Feb 8 08:07:05 PST 2012

Were there any errors in your logs relating to SiteAction or are you
creating/copying your sites somewhere else? I've seen some instances where
something happens during site creation (doFinish in SiteAction), the site
is partially created and the site template property is left in the site. It
isn't removed in the current code until midway through processing.

        // We don't want the new site to automatically be a template
        site.getPropertiesEdit().removeProperty("template");

Normally any site created from a template shouldn't also still be a
template, but I was never able to reliably reproduce this situation. The
workaround of just occasionally deleting the broken sites or removing this
property was easier at the time. If it's reproducible for you, then this
would be useful.