[Building Sakai] online chat site-wide?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Feb 8 07:31:29 PST 2012

Yea, these all seem like good ideas, but probably make any feature like
this unrealistic to implement as a student could work around it. I think
the only thing that might be a possibility is to make chat would be
disabled in a locked down browser situation.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1205

In any other case, multiple tabs with a separate project site or just some
other chat client would work around anything we could do anyway. I really
wasn't thinking there's any solution for the general case anyway. If
someone wasn't in a secure environment (browser/location) they could take
an exam physically with a group of friends, then disabling chat wouldn't
matter at all. ;)