[Building Sakai] LTI Consumer

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Feb 7 13:30:53 PST 2012

Steve,

In effect, if the tool kept the image URL (i.e. a threaded discussion tool) and put up the stored URL for images for users other than the current logged in user, they would see the image if the logged in user had the right to see the image, right?

If so - that is good enough.   The external tool does not need to jump through any hoops - it just uses the image URL in its HTML and it either works or is broken.  It might be nice to emit a 1pixel clear image in the case of broken or something..   Hmmm.

It would be nice to to include the image if the user set privacy settings below "let others in my class see my image"…

It  might also be cool to have the image URL generator check all this and if the internal image is not available generate a gravatar URL instead.  :)

/Chuck