[Building Sakai] JForum question - which vsn to use with Sakai 2.8.1?

Walters, Cynthia (cmw6s) cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Feb 6 09:11:46 PST 2012

Hello:

We are in the process of upgrading to Sakai 2.8.1.  In researching JForum and its requisite 'etudes-util' project, I have the following questions about which versions of source are recommended.

1) JForum:
    Is JForum 2.8.1 the correct version to use with Sakai 2.8.1?
        I ask because it was available about a year ago, for use with Sakai 2.7.1, and we ported it to our Sakai 2.7.1 instance.  Wondering if there have been any updates, or if we should use the JForum 2.8.1 source we already have for Sakai 2.7.1,  also with Sakai 2.8.1?

2) etudes-util:
    I see version 1.0.8 is noted for use with JForum 2.8.1, but I also see subsequent versions up to 1.0.11 are available.  Should we use 1.0.11 with JForum 2.8.1 now?

Thanks,
Cynthia Gast
University of Virginia