[Building Sakai] PageOrder and Fluid reordering component

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Feb 3 10:11:11 PST 2012

I just committed some work to rewrite the Page Order component in Site
Info.  I replaced the legacy jQuery interface ordering component with the
Fluid reordering component.  Here is the JIRA:

The main impetus for the rewrite was IE issues.  There were several
complaints that the enable/disable buttons were jumpy and did not work
correctly in recent versions of IE.  The secondary effect is that the Fluid
Infusion library seems to do a great job with accessibility and keyboard
use (use CTRL + arrows to move items around in a list).

  http://fluidproject.org/

I installed the 1.4 version of Fluid Infusion in library/js/fluid/1.4:

The Fluid reordering component is now in use (at the minimum) in Resources,
Site Info, and Announcements.

Comments from trunk testers would be appreciated.

--Sam