[Building Sakai] Has anybody created a PDF Certificate tool?

Mukul Tiwari mtiwari at rsmart.com
Wed Feb 1 14:22:37 PST 2012

Brian,

Yes, we have worked on a tool very similar to the requirements you have
described below. It does utilize Itext libraries. You can create
certification definitions as a set rules based on scores or grades received
in Gradebook items. For template pdf documents you can also specify what
data would populate these template field at the time of certificate
attainment. Site participants can look at different certificates available
to them and would be able to download and print the certificate themselves
once they meet the criteria defined to attain the certificate.

We can put this into contrib for anybody interested to evaluate it.

Thanks,
Mukul Tiwari