[Building Sakai] melete on 2.8 - no wysiwig

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 1 07:56:39 PST 2012

Here's a half-baked fix. You still get the error message but it works.  The error message is generated by webapps/jsf-resource/inputRichText/sakai-htmlarea.js, which has a bad check for whether the editor is supported. It requires a version of Firefox that is newer than the one emulated by Safari.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to figure out why this fix works. It removes the Sferyx setup code and adds the CKeditor setup code. That CKeditor code should be called by saki:inputRichText, but is not. My suspicion is that the wrong version of sakai:inputRichText is being used somehow.