[Building Sakai] Jira hanging in Safari?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Dec 20 05:39:30 PST 2012

I use Safari with Jira all the time. It mostly works fine for me. I have noticed Safari hanging like this on occasion, but I'm pretty sure it is not just with Jira. I'm not 100% positive, so I'll try to pay more attention. Usually a refresh clears up the problem.

I'm on Mountain Lion, 10.8.2 .

I find as a rule-of-thumb that browsers running on the OS for which they are developed tend to run more poorly than competing browers. So, Chrome and Firefox work better than Safari on Mac. Chrome and Firefox work better on Windows than IE. I wonder if Firefox works better on the Google Chrome laptop? My conclusion is that having too much knowledge is a dangerous thing. Of course, it could just mean that Chrome and Firefox are fine products, but I like my version better. It comforts me to know my lack of knowledge makes me more valuable.

-- Neal