[Building Sakai] MD5s for CLE 2.9 Release & suggesting sakai.basiclti.admin be default

Matt Clare Matt.Clare at BrockU.CA
Wed Dec 12 07:24:20 PST 2012

2 issues, 1 E-Mail, both to someone involved in CLE releases:

MD5s on release page:

It's come to my attention that the MD5 sums on the CLE 2.9 release page http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.9.0/ for the GZipped tar files (tar.gz) are themselves GZipped.  This is despite the files having the chain of suffixes .tar.gz.MD5 (not .tar.gz.MD5.gz) and the MD5s for the zip files not being zipped.  I think the conventional practice is to have all files ending in .MD5 be in clear text, as they are for the .zip.MD5 files.

!admin or Administration Site and External tools

I'd also like to recommend that the the sakai.basiclti.admin tool (External Tools) be added to the !admin site by default, as Email template was (with 2.8?).  External Tools is an anticipated feature of 2.9 and an important comparator when people are evaluating the demo version of Sakai.

Thanks to whomever can resolve this,

.\.\att

  ::  Matt Clare
Manager, eLearning
  Centre for Pedagogical Innovation
Part-time Instructor
  Interactive Arts and Sciences
Brock University, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
http://brocku.ca/pedagogical-innovation 905 688 5550 xt 4539   Office: SBH315

Isaak/Sakai Question? Contact edtech at brocku.ca or visit  http://kumu.brocku.ca/sakai/FAQ