[Building Sakai] has anyone seen one of these before? hibernate cache death.

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Mon Dec 10 14:49:10 PST 2012

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate your response.

Yes, I saw jars with "hibernate" in their names, but these seem to be sakai code that uses hibernate in some way, and did not seem to be the pattern Ian was referring to.

It turned out that for my immediate problem it's likely that something else caused a sakai shutdown for which the earliest warning or error messages was a set of messages for messageforums with the same pattern discussed in that thread from five years ago.  But the underlying problem was something else, and I do not think it will repeat.

Unfortunately, after spending a little time trying to understand those symptoms, I do not have anything new to add to this thread that might be useful to someone who sees the same pattern in the future.

Jim