[Building Sakai] samigo tool sepration in sakai

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Fri Aug 24 07:52:40 PDT 2012

I still want to know why you want to run it outside of sakai, because
you want a smaller footprint? because you want to embed it in
something else? because you want to integrate into another LMS or
portal?

If integration is the problem, then I'd recommend Basic LTI.  Sakai
tools can be configured to be lti producers, then you just need a
consumer in your other system.  This is how for example the OAE hybrid
exposes samigo.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Mark J. Norton
<markjnorton at earthlink.net> wrote:
> It would be virtually impossible to run Samigo outside of Sakai, since it
> depends on many Sakai services to run.  However, it might be possible to
> access Samigo in way that it looks like it is running outside of Sakai.  The
> Charon portal allows a specific instance of a tool to be viewed in a
> browser.  Have a look at
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/architecture/sakai_charon.doc
>
> Note, however, that this documentation is quite old (thought probably still
> valid if using Charon).  There are other Sakai portals around that likely do
> not support this kind of view.  The trend is also to move away from Charon -
> towards the new Neo portal, for example.
>
> - Mark Norton
>

> On 8/24/2012 2:42 AM, sangeeta bishnoi wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> i want to separate samigo tool from sakai,how i can do this.
> if anybody have idea about this then please suggest me
>

> thanks & regards.
> Sangeeta.

John Bush
602-490-0470