[Building Sakai] Profile2 not loading on sakai-2.8.2 ufter uprade from sakai-2.7.1

Evandro Pires Alves evandro at ipb.pt
Thu Aug 23 10:09:17 PDT 2012

Hi

I'm hitting a problem on my installation. I'm upgrading from sakai-2.7.1
to sakai-2.8.2 and I'm unable do load the tool sakai.profile2

Previously to the upgrade I had profile2 1.3.14 working fine, but now
the tool doesn't show up and no error or warning is send to the logs (on
tomcat startup and on clicking on the tool).

Looking at he logs I see the tool being loaded without errors, but if I
go to site administration, adding a new page and then adding a tool I
can only find sakai.profile and can't find sakai.profile2.

I searched the mailling list and googled but can't find any clue. The
only thing that come to my mind was that on the previous installation I
had to do a few local modifications to Profile2 to get the oficial
photos from the database, but I didn't touch any Profile2 table.

Also, the database upgrade went fine.

Can anybody think of anything?

Thanks