[Building Sakai] Adding users to a site in the 'Student' role

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 07:21:12 PDT 2012

If I try and add a set of users to a site via the addMemberToSiteWithRole
WS method, supplying the string 'Student' as the role, the user doesn't get
added and I get this in the log:

ignoring site 'SITEID', which is not a course site

If I add the user in sitemanage, again as a Student, all is ok. I don't get
it. The WS seems to be going through the same API hoops as site-manage yet
the result couldn't be more different. Am I doing something really stupid?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Adrian.