[Building Sakai] Sakai Course Management - Site participant list

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Mon Aug 20 07:52:17 PDT 2012

You still need to set the provider id. Then CourseManagementGroupProvider
will recognize that id and help insert users into the site realm.

Please review the following doc for CourseManagementService integration:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Course+Management+Integration

Thanks,

- Zhen

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Jaco Gillman <jaco at opencollab.co.za> wrote:

> Hi Zhen
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I do not specifically set the group provider Id programmatic,
> (site.setProviderGroupId(PROVIDER_ID_STRING);)
>
> I thought the following sakai.properties property will take care of that:
>
> org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider=org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.provider.CourseManagementGroupProvider
>
> I only create the Course Management data for sakai, but when I create the
> course site from the inserted Course Management data, I use Sakai to create
> the site, so I dont create the site programmatic.
>
> Regards,
>
> *Jaco Gillman***
>
> Java Developer
>
> opencollab
>
> *Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**
>
> *Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc
>
> *Web*: www.opencollab.co.za
>

> On 17 August 2012 18:36, Zhen Qian <zqian at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jaco:
>>
>> Have you set the proper provider id to this realm/site?
>>

>> You can use the setProviderGroupId() in Site API.
>>
>> site.setProviderGroupId(PROVIDER_ID_STRING);
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> - Zhen
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Jaco Gillman <jaco at opencollab.co.za>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> We are running a Sakai 2.8.2 installation that has a customized Course
>>> Management integration. I have created all the necessary Course Management
>>> data and structure. We make use of a Web service client integration to the
>>> external integration system.
>>>
>>> Here follows the steps I use for our Course Management setup(File is
>>> attached as well):
>>>
>>> createAcademicSession
>>> createCourseSets
>>> createCanonicalCourses
>>>
>>> createCourseOffering
>>> addCourseOfferingsToCourseSets
>>> createEnrollmentSets
>>> createEnrollment
>>> createSections
>>>
>>> and then for each studentNum I use addOrUpdateSectionMembership.
>>>
>>> After our batch Job is creating the Course Management structure, I
>>> created the Course site, but no students shows up in the participant list
>>> (see below)
>>> [image: Inline images 1]
>>>
>>> I debugged the Sakai (2.8.2) source to see why the participant list is
>>> empty and here is how far I got:
>>>
>>> SiteAction.getParticipantList (here is where this list is populated...)
>>> providerCourseList =